Why do I get a Security Key error when I try to install my game?
This error can happen due to a major change to your computer, such as a new installation of Windows, a new hard drive, or other new hardware.
Before contacting Customer Support, please try uninstalling and reinstalling your game by following the steps in our Uninstall/Reinstall a Game help article. Uninstalling and reinstalling a game often fixes the error.
Request a security key
If uninstalling and reinstalling your game doesn't fix the error, we can help by creating new security keys for you. We'll need some information to get started. Please Contact Customer Support and include the information below.
- Type Security Key in the Subject heading of your email/contact form.
- In the Details section, include the following:
- Hardware fingerprint (located above the Name field).
- Name (if applicable--this field may be blank).
- Game title(s).
- Language of the game (if the game is not in English).
After Customer Support receives your email, a representative will respond as quickly as possible with your security key(s) and help get your games up and running!