What is the point of uninstalling and reinstalling apps?
Uninstalling and reinstalling is a good way to refresh all communications between the game and your device. While this isn't a sure fix for any specific error, it can be useful for a wide range of performance issues.
Will I lose my progress in the game if I uninstall and reinstall the app?
Uninstalling a Free-to-Play game can cause progress to be lost, but don't worry! If your in-game profile has been linked to a Big Fish account, Facebook account (or Apple account on iOS devices) before uninstalling, your progress should never be affected.
That said, be sure that BEFORE uninstalling and reinstalling, you have previously taken the time to sign in, within your game. This will ensure that progress is saved on our end. After reinstalling, simply sign back in with the same Big Fish, Facebook, or Apple account details as before, and your progress will reappear.
********* If you have any questions about the sign in process in your game, check out the Sign in and Save Your Progress! help article for your specific game.
How do you uninstall and reinstall an app?
Steps may vary slightly depending on your model, but here is a general guide:
- Hold your finger down on the icon for the app you'd like to uninstall
- A list of options should appear. Choose Remove App
- Choose Delete App
- Hold down your finger on an empty section of your home screen
- You should see a "-" appear on the corner of every app icon
- Tap the "-" icon in the corner of the app you want to delete
- Choose Delete App
For older versions of iOS, you may not see this final 'Delete app' confirmation.
Steps for uninstalling apps on Android devices vary more widely depending on your device model. For some devices, you can uninstall directly from your home screen:
- Press down on the icon for the app you want to uninstall
- In the options that appear, tap Info or App Info (or simply Uninstall, if it appears)
- Select Uninstall
If you don't see this option when holding down on the app icon, on the home screen, you can uninstall from your Google Play Store:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your device
- Tap your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Find and tap Manage apps & device.
- At the top, open the Manage section.
- From the list of installed apps, find the app you'd like to uninstall and check the associated box
- Tap the garbage can icon near the top of the screen
- From the top of the home screen select Apps
- You should see Cloud and Device options near the top. Choose Device
- You should now see a list of installed apps. Find the app you want to uninstall
Tap and hold the icon until you see a menu appear. Choose Remove from Device
Do the steps listed above not match what you see on your device? Contacting your device manufacturer may help you find specific steps for the exact device you're using.