Why do I receive a 766 error when trying to install my game?
A 766 error will occur if there is a problem with the security certificate needed to install the game.
First, try downloading and installing the game again. If you still get the error, please follow the steps below.
Check your time and date settings
- In the lower-right corner of your desktop, right-click the clock.
- Select Adjust Date/Time from the pop-up menu.
- Make sure your Date, Time, and Time Zone are correct.
- Click Apply then OK.
Clear the SSL State or Active Logins in your web browser
Doing this can help clear old information from your web browser so it can download new data from the site.
- Internet Explorer users
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner of your browser window.
- Select the Internet Options menu, and then the Content tab at the top.
- Click the Clear SSL State button.
- Mozilla Firefox users
- Click Tools near the top of your browser window. (Press the Alt key on your keyboard if you don't see the Tools menu.)
- Select the Clear Recent History option.
- Make sure the Active Logins box is checked.
- Click the Clear Now button.
- Google Chrome users
- Click the menu icon (it looks like 3 stacked bars) in the top right of the browser.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Click the Show advanced settings... link at the very bottom of the window.
- In the Network section, click the Change proxy settings button.
- In the window that pops up, select the Content tab click the Clear SSL state button.
Still having trouble?
If you continue to have trouble installing your game, click the link below to reinstall the Game Manager.
After reinstalling the Game Manager, try installing your game again. For more information on reinstalling your Game Manager, please see our Uninstall / Reinstall Game Manager help article.