Error Code 809 appears when a previously opened game may be minimized in the task bar or taking a long time to open or close. Pushing the Play button more than once can also cause this error.
Please find the platform you are using in the table below and follow the suggested steps to help clear up this error:
- Close all programs: games, strategy guides, email programs, web browsers, and/or media players.
- Open the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager) and click the Play button just once. It may take up to a full minute for the game to load.
- If the error persists, restart your computer and try again.
How do I make sure all games are closed?
- Press and hold the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys on your keyboard.
- Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 users: Click Start Task Manager.
- Windows XP users: The Task Manager will open automatically. From the Task Manager, end any games or applications that are still running.
The "Unable to Start Game" error will appear if a game, strategy guide, or trial window is still docked and you attempt to open another application.
To close an application that is still running but not responding:
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left of your screen.
- Select Force Quit.
- Close the running application.
Still having trouble?
An outdated video card driver can also prevent a game from loading.
If you continue to have trouble after restarting your computer and closing all other programs, update your video card and then try starting the game again.