What are Free-to-Play games?
Free-to-Play games can be played totally free, but they let you enhance your gaming experience by purchasing extra content within the game. These games are available for PC and Mac, for mobile devices, and in our Online Games section.
Click a heading below to jump to a specific section:
- What's special about Free-to-Play games?
- How do I play?
- How do I update my game?
- Do I need a Big Fish account to play?
Looking for help with a specific game?
Tap your game below:
- Big Fish Casino
- Fairway Solitiare
- Fairway Solitaire Blast
- Gummy Drop!
- Jackpot City Slots
- Midnight Castle
- Sir Match-a-Lot
- Sunken Secrets
- Vegas Party Slots
What's special about Free-to-Play games?
Simply put, Free-to-Play games offer more to do! Here are some features shared by many of these games:
- More gameplay. As you complete levels and play more of the game, you'll unlock new experiences and learn new things.
- Customize your game and play your way. You can enhance your gameplay by purchasing more content, virtual items, powerups, or other fun extras within the game that will help you get more out of your gameplay.
- Play for free and decide if you want to buy. You can decide how and if you want to make purchases in the game. Most Free to Play games can be played endlessly for free.
- Earn more rewards and level up in the game. Free to Play games often give you the chance to earn achievements for gameplay and to level up. You'll notice your status increasing as you complete more tasks. Keep completing tasks to get more powerful, gain more experience, or to earn more items.
How do I play?
If you're looking for help with a game, please check out our Game Walkthroughs.
You can also find news about Free-to-Play games in the Free-to-Play section of our blog.
For Gummy Drop! tips and tricks, please visit Gummy Drop! Headquarters FAQ, Help & News!
How do I update my game?
Updates fix bugs and improve performance, so we strongly recommend that you update your game whenever an update is available.
- PC and Mac users
- Open the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager).
- Click on the Updates link in the menu on the left (under the Download Games section). You may see a number next to the Updates link that tells you how many updates are available.
- Click the Install Updates button to start updating your game.
- iPhone and iPad users
- Open the App Store by tapping the App Store icon.
- Tap on Updates in the bottom right corner. You may see a number next to the Updates icon that tells you how many updates are available.
- In the list of Available Updates, tap the UPDATE button next to your game.
Do I need a Big Fish account to play?
It depends on the type of game you want to play, and whether you want make a purchase within the game.
- PC and Mac games from www.BigFishGames.com
- You do not need a Big Fish account or a payment method to download a Free-to-Play PC or Mac game. However, if you want to make a purchase within the game, you will be asked to create an account and enter a payment method.
- Online Games
- If you want to play games such as Big Fish Casino or Bush Whacker 2 on our Online Games section, you will need to create a Big Fish account or sign in with your existing account.
- Playing Big Fish Casino on your mobile device or on Facebook does not require an account on www.BigFishGames.com. For more information about Big Fish Casino please take a look at the Big Fish Casino Help Site.
- Mobile games
- Mobile games are purchased and downloaded from the vendor, such as iTunes or Google Play, so a Big Fish account is not required for these games.