Is my Big Fish account information secure?
We are dedicated to making sure that your experience on our website is as safe and secure as possible. Our site is tested and certified daily for your protection, and our products are rigorously tested before they are released.
Account access and security
We take every reasonable precaution to guarantee that your information is safe with us, and we encourage you to safeguard your personal information online by ensuring that it is secure and known only to yourself. If someone steals your personal and sign-in information from a less secure site or from your computer, they may be able to use this information to access your account.
If you have any concerns or questions about the security of your Big Fish account, please contact Customer Support and include the phrase Customer Protection in the subject line.
Below are steps you can take to make your online experience more secure and protect your personal information.
Protect your information
- Never give your password to anyone.
- Use unique passwords for any site that contains sensitive information, and change passwords regularly.
- Never use birth dates, Social Security numbers, phone numbers, or account numbers as passwords.
- Be wary of any emails asking for personal information. Big Fish will never send you emails asking to verify account information such your as username, password, or credit card number.
- Purchase in-game items (chips, gold, power-ups, etc.) only within the game you’re playing, and never from any third party site, company, or individual.
- Always sign out and close your browser when you have completed your online session.
- Only provide your account information and password when your browser shows that your connection is encrypted This is indicated by https:// in your browser’s address bar.
Updating your email address and password
Note: You should always use strong passwords. We recommend avoiding using the same passwords wherever possible, and keeping passwords safely stored. If you believe your Big Fish account may have been used by unauthorized persons, you may want to consider changing your password.
For more information on password protocols, check out The Federal Trade Commission's Advanced password tips and tricks article.
Secure your computer
- Install anti-spyware and anti-virus protection software on your computer to help detect and remove known viruses and spyware that can steal personal information.
- Install a personal firewall to help prevent unauthorized access to your computer.
- Keep your operating system and software up-to-date by installing recommended patches and updates regularly.
- Never leave your computer unattended for someone else to gain access.