Why do I get an error message saying another game is currently running?
- Errors 809 and 813: A previously opened game may be minimized in the task bar or taking a long time to open or close. Pushing the Play button more than once can also cause these errors.
- Errors 773 and 774: The game you're trying to purchase is already running or being installed.
- Close all programs: games, strategy guides, email programs, web browsers, and/or media players.
- Open the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager) and click the Play button just once. It may take up to a full minute for the game to load.
- If the error persists, restart your computer and try again.
How do I make sure all games are closed?
- Press and hold the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys on your keyboard.
- Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 users: Click Start Task Manager.
- Windows XP users: The Task Manager will open automatically. From the Task Manager, end any games or applications that are still running.
The "Unable to Start Game" error will appear if a game, strategy guide, or trial window is still docked and you attempt to open another application.
To close an application that is still running but not responding:
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left of your screen.
- Select Force Quit.
- Close the running application.
Still having trouble?
An outdated video card driver can also prevent a game from loading.
If you continue to have trouble after restarting your computer and closing all other programs, update your video card and then try starting the game again.